Amid tensions over earlier reports of a planned North Korean missile attack on Hawaii on July 4th, North Korea has test fired four short-range missile off its east coast into the sea of Japan. Will North Korea have its own fireworks for the American Independence Day?
The United States says it is “ready to knock down the last stage of a Taepodong-2 missile that North Korea is expected soon to launch in the direction of Hawaii.”  In the video below, South Korea claims Nokor fired three missiles days before July 4.
Today’s headlines can give anybody the chills or a possible nuking of Hawaii by North Korea. Read them below:
- Peter Goodspeed: U.S. readies weapons for threatened Korean launch at Hawaii
- Concern US unable to protect Hawaii against North Korean missiles
- Jones: U.S. plans coordinated response if North Korea fires missile
- North Korean Missile Threat: Made in the USA
- UCM prof says North Korean missile threats should be taken seriously
- Could a North Korean missile reach Hawaii?
- Missile experts see Soviet parts in NKorean rocket
- U.S. Prepared to Shoot Down NKorean Missile: Report
Watch this news video of a possible missile firings by North Korea on July 4, 2009.
Is North Korea preparing for July 4th missile test?
But Fox News reports that the US has dismissed the Noko threat as “silly.” [link]
The Pentagon shrugged off a threat from North Korea Wednesday to wipe the United States off the map.
“I don’t even know how to respond to that. It’s silliness,” said Pentagon spokesman Geoff Morrell.”For what and with what?”